>> FAQ VEDICMATHS
- Q. 1 What is meant by Vedic Maths?
Ans. Vedic Mathematics has been founded by Jagadguru Swami Bharti Krishna Teerthaji Maharaja who was the Sankaracharya of Puri. He in his book ‘Vedic Mathematics’ claims that the formulae have been derived from the Parisista of the Atharva Veda which is the Branch of Veda dealing with Engineering and Mathematics. And Hence the term “Vedic” for the subject.
- Q. 2 Is it basically a form of mental calculation which is supposed to speed up some arithmetic calculations?
Ans. Vedic Mathematics equips us with mental one-line formulae which speeds up calculation by more than 10-15 times. It is a much more systematic, coherent and unified system than the conventional mathematical system. It is a mental tool for calculation that encourages the development and use of intuition and innovation, while giving the student a lot of flexibility, fun and satisfaction.
- Q. 3 Is it true that Vedic Maths decreases the fact load of the subject (eg: one can learn tables till 9 only if he’s well-versed in Vedic Maths instead)?
Ans. One can learn Vedic Mathematics from an early age and basic knowledge of multiplication table (though not compulsory) helps a student to better grasp the subject. The time, which the student spends in calculation, is greatly reduced and therefore the load and pressure of the subject comes down significantly. Through this a supposedly difficult calculation like 998 x 997 which normally takes a person anywhere between a minute or two to solve can be solved in less than five seconds flat.
- Q. 4 After learning Vedic Maths, will the students get confused with the Maths that they learn in schools?
Ans. No. Vedic Maths teaches different techniques to solve any problem. Once they learn Vedic Maths, students feel more confident in doing Maths they learn in school because they are now equipped with alternative solutions.
- Q. 5 Will I be adding burden onto my child by teaching him Vedic Maths when he is already overloaded with his school studies?
Ans. No. You will be easing his burden.
- Q. 6 How does knowledge in Vedic Math help a student to minimize careless mistakes?
Ans. In Vedic Mathematics, the mental one-line formulas are such that it has an inbuilt system of series of checks. The student can’t go wrong. Failure is not an option in Vedic Mathematics. Hence Vedic Mathematics helps to boost the confidence of the student as success leads to success and this brings out the true potential of the student.
- Q. 7 Can Vedic Maths be used to facilitate the students of higher classes to remember complicated Maths formulae?
Ans. Yes. Concepts such as Quadratic Equations, Simultaneous Equations, Trigonometry, even Calculus has been made simple and easier in Vedic Mathematics.
- Q. 8 How does Vedic Maths help to improve concentration?
Ans. When you use Vedic Maths you use both your left and the right brain hemisphere. The left side of the brain is the seat of language and processes in a logical and sequential order. The right side is more visual and processes intuitively, holistically, and randomly which boosts memory and concentration.
Since you are doing calculations mentally without the use of pen or paper you are actually concentrating which develops the concentration abilities.
- Q. 9 Today, we are so much advanced. We have calculators & computers, why shouldn't we rely on them?
Ans. Maths is a lot more than just arithmetic calculations. Calculators can help in basic arithmetic calculations. But what about Ratio, Proportion, Algebra, Geometry, or other topics in Maths? When we use calculators, we unknowingly become dependent on them to such an extent that we end up using them for even adding two-digit numbers. Our brain's development is arrested once we become dependent on calculators.
- Q. 10 From which class can the Vedic Maths be taught?
Ans. The Vedic Mathematics can be taught from Standard 5 (10 years) onwards. For children, Vedic Maths is useful in removing the fear for Maths, creating an interest in Maths, cracking scholarship exams, facilitating creativity through pattern observation & recognition. Students appearing for competitive exams like CET, CAT, GRE, GMAT, Govt exams, Banking exams, etc, get 45-60 seconds to attempt a question. Vedic Maths helps them to do calculation faster than the conventional techniques.
Call Us - 0217- 2320103